Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Recent Victims ID'd

Updates and ID's on a Whole Bunch of Recent Homicides:

56. Somchanh Sipayboun, a woman with no criminal record was murdered in what police describe as a domestic dispute. No arrest has been made, although Ms. Sipayboun had a prior peace order filed against someone before. It will be interesting to see if that man has anything to do with the murder...

57. Willie Battle, a 19-year-old with an active warrant for drug dealing, was shot dead in the 2700 block of Boarman Ave.

58. Mark Day, 43, was shot in the 1500 W. North Ave. back in August of 2010, before dying this year in March.

59. Floyd Dorsey, a 59-year-old man who doesn't appear to have any local criminal record was shot and killed in the normally quiet 4100 block of Norfolk Ave.

60. Michael Williams, 45, was identified by Murder Ink as the man shot  in the 2500 block of Harlem Ave. Wednesday.

61. Phylicia Barnes, 16, who for some reason was not on the 2011 homicide list, despite her death having been declared a homicide back in May of 2011, has now been officially added to the homicide tally.

62. Cortez Lemon, 23, was stabbed to death near Lexington Market. 21-year-old Troy Harrison has been arrested for the crime.

63. Rayner Veney, 51, died nearly a year after being shot while on a scooter in the 3400 block of Ravenwood Ave.

11 comments:

Cham said...

Somchanh Sipayboun didn't have any criminal history but she had an impressive list of civil matters, not to mention that so did many people with the same last name. I don't know what kind of business she was in, but it certainly led to a long list of judgments.

I assume Ms. Barnes didn't make the Baltimore 2010 or 2011 homicide honor roll because nobody could pinpoint where she died until the charges were brought. No matter, she's on there safe and sound now.

Anonymous said...

why does it matter is she had civil judgements? Does that mean she deserved to die?

Cham said...

With that list of monetary judgments she may have antagonized somebody enough that they got violent with her. One has to be careful.

Anonymous said...

The guy she had a peace order against has a huge rap sheet andmost of his criminal record is against women. Makes you wonder. I do not believe it was the husband. Just because it says domestic that doesn't automatically mean the husband did it.

Anonymous said...

Why is Barnes on the murder list? Wasn't she found all of the way up in Harford County?

Anonymous said...

The man she had a peace order against was 7 yrs ago...an elderly gentleman who was stalking her at work. That had been settled. Just because she had monetary judgements( in which were automoblie accidents) does not mean anything. Get your facts stra

Anonymous said...

People need to stop assuming things...why can't it be the husband? What do we know? However, she didn't deserve to die and not so horribly...I hope the police and investigators do their job. I send my condolences to her children and family.

Anonymous said...

If she wanted to leave him, maybe?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a personal connection to the deceased. I didn't say it couldn't be the husband I said I do not believe it do be the husband. And I have seen some older gentlemen who at 65 can whoop a younger man's tail. And last I checked the rate for divorce is quite high. You do not see all them murdering their wives. Do you?

Anonymous said...

Well we are in America where we are free to our opinions...only someone CRAZY, who is totaling out of their freaking mind would do something horrendous like this...an animal in MY opinion. Just because someone could look NORMAL in society doesn't mean their ACTUALLY sane. Yes, I feel the same...divorce is quite high , its not ALL who murders their significant other. Just SOME who couldn't stand to lose everything or anything at all including what little power HE had. I believe the latter but only time will tell I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Somchanh is actually my relative, believe it or not. We have the same last name. I've seen people with the same last name as mine so I searched it up, she was an Asian woman and was Lao. I assumed she was my relative but wasn't too sure. I was sure after the deaths of people to honor on a book based on our religion (Buddhism). I never met her before, I believe. But I'm on the Internet, you shouldn't believe me, so I guess this message is useless. This message was just to confirm her death and that I have a relation with her but I do not.