Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Evening Update

City Officer Mark Spila was shot in the upper hip during a routine traffic stop around Poplar Grove Street and Lanvale Avenue in the SW. The suspect is still at large.
(TG the bullet didn't hit the "ephemeral artery"!!
UPDATE: the officer is recovering from surgery, and WBAL corrected the typo)

Eighteen-year-old Charles Jakes has been arrested for the murder of 14-year-old Shawndreta Griffin.

Party is sure to be a verb as "the b Street Team" holds a "Happy Hour" tonight at "The Green [sic] Turtle" in Towson. (Yes, I just posted that for no other reason than to annoy you).

7 comments:

Carol Ott said...

Can someone please tell me what the hell this "b" newspaper thing is? I found a stack of them on my stoop this morning -- I assume they want me to leave them for my customers -- but I couldn't figure out what kind of newspaper it was trying to be, or why we need it.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure. Nor are they I think. It's supposed to be based off of the RedEye free daily in Chicago (http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/) and aimed at the 18-34 crowd. So I'm guessing it's a bit like a mainstreamed City Paper or some such.

Mr. Mephistopheles said...

Charles Jakes received a 5 year suspsended sentence in March for burglary and assault. Nice job, Pat!

ppatin said...

Is it just me, or does the Roland Park rapist vaguely resemble Wee-Bey from The Wire?

Bmore said...

ppatin:

i dont see the resemblence...but i will say that The Wire is my all time favorite show and they could have had another year, emphasizing on the gang problem...speaking of gangs, let me guess, ShitBag Jakes is a "Blood" what a joke! ive never seen so many bloods compared to so little crips..which just means that the "bloods" in bmore lack authenticity and any shmuck can be a "self-proclaimed" blood...

ppatin said...

Boy shot in face in West Baltimore; 2 schools on lockdown

The fun just never stops in Baltimore.

ppatin said...

Good news everyone! Let the executions resume!

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court upheld Kentucky's use of lethal injection executions today.

The justices, by a 7-2 vote, turned back a constitutional challenge to the procedures in place in Kentucky, which uses three drugs to sedate, paralyze and kill inmates.