Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bring the MFn Ruckus

Our 180th homicide was a "domestic" in the 700 block of North Rose Street, a man stabbed and ID'd as 40-year-old Shawn A. Brown; our 181st homicide was a 41-year-old man* from Parkville, Michael Anthony Allen, shot "in the Johnson Square area," apparently not a euphemism but a reported actual neighborhood, south of Greenmount cemetery-- oh wait, no, it's JohnsTon. Anyway this is the 6th murder there this year. Wonder what prompted Mr. Allen to visit the neighborhood? (Double-dog dare you to visit it after dark and touch the south wall of the cemetery, oOooo.)

Yike, missed this one, a student alleges a knifepoint rape while walking to the CONDOM campus from the Loyola U library about a week ago.

Early voting is back on-- you can vote at any center in the county in which you are registered. FWIW, a Sun poll found* that ballot questions 4 and 6, which sounded soundly approved in previous polls are now polling too close to call, and q 7 now appears to be on the verge of rejection. So much suspense! And wow, this election your vote might actually matter.

A 19 y/o arrested and charged w robbing a White Marsh Chik-Fil-A customer (in the mall?)

In other news, Ravens OT Bryant McKinnie denies owing $375,000 to Trick Daddy's father for strip-club expenses * [un-Sun link here]

3 comments:

Cham said...

Four years ago I was polled for a Baltimore Sun poll via phone. Me being me I asked more questions than the pollster did. Turns out, they were talking to people who had land line phones that they got from the phone book. I doubt the Sun has changed their strategy much, so Sun polls aren't polling registered voters who don't have land lines. Older people who own homes and tend to be more conservative are the ones most likely to have a land line, therefore, take a Sun poll with a grain of salt.

evaline said...

heh, interesting. Of course it depends on if they've updated their strategy since then (prob. not). I was still in Texas back in the primaries and got a few polling calls (which I hung up on) on my cell. Don't have a landline and haven't gotten any since then.

Cham said...

I disconnected my landline and haven't received any polling calls on my cell phone. When I had my land line I received polling calls frequently, even though I changed my phone number once a year, the pollsters would find me. It had much to do with my listed telephone number.