Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12

Bah. Another day in which I cannot post. Please put any news in the comments, and hopefully MJB or I will get a proper post up later today.

I'll get y'all started with a murder or three before I leave. There was a double killing at about 3:00 a.m. in Easterwood Park in the 1500 block of Moreland Ave. Two adult males, no ID's yet.

And in one of the most tragic stories in at least a week or two (and no, I'm not being sarcastic, that's just how fucking depressing it is to follow the news in this city), a woman who claims she didn't know she was pregnant drowned her approximately 32-week-old baby in a toilet in West Baltimore. The baby had air in his lungs, meaning he took at least one breath, so "mommy" is getting arrested and charged with (I presume) murder.

Okay, it's all on you guys. Go scour the media and tell us what you find.

2 comments:

ppatin said...

Apparently Elm Avenue in Hampden is going down the tubes. I had a friend who lived right next to that park/playground and I never noticed any trouble there. Things sure can change in a few years.

Dopple said...

The shop owner in the chillage that shot the would be robber, was robbed on four other occassions, by the same guy.

http://wbal.com/stories/templates/news.aspx?articleid=7837&zoneid=3