Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday 2008

This, we don't see everyday here: A woman who goes by the name of Princess Marie (and is allegedly in a cult) has been charged with the starvation death of her child.

It wouldn't be Harm City if we didn't have some gunsmoke...

Plenty of nonfatal offenses happened this weekend, according to the Blotter. But hey, if it didn't result in someone dying, then not such a big deal right? I mean, the victims can just buy new things...

Stephen Janis and Luke Broadwater do two fine jobs in discussing the William Brown case as seen by the possible victims, and the aftermath in the community he was from.

Adam Meister discusses the oddity that is Frank Conaway, Jr. I've had a chance to meet him and his very humorous father in the past. I gotta say, Frank Jr. came across as pretty stuck up - which was kind of shocking for a guy that's a clerk working for daddy turned politician/chauffeur. Sheesh. Frank Sr., Mary, Belinda, and Frank Jr. Take that, Kennedys!

Oh, and before I forget: Free Kwame!

4 comments:

I am so wise said...

Didn't Conway write the well-received "Baptist Gnostic Christian Eubonic Kundalinion Spiritual Ki Do Hermeneutic Metaphysics"?

If I am not confusing him with someone else, Mr. Meister owns the man some respect.

Angela said...

There's a witness who can describe Javon's condition as he was beginning to starve to death. Which means that there's someone who knew what was happening and didn't seek help. Infuriating.

Unknown said...

How that criminal ever got into office again just amazes me. Does n't anyone remember the "Delegate Conaway Insurance" sign in Park Circle? That he took premiums and never forwarded them onto the bonging companies? Did that all get expunged? He claimed "Delegate" was his nickname. I suggest "Putda." A lot of folks lost more than money over his scams. (don't confuse him with his son "Jr." a delegate of whom I know nothing derogatory.)

Unknown said...

Above, I mean the father, of course.