Thursday, February 23, 2006

February 23

MTA: outdated police communications equipment failed during the Harbor Tunnel threat last October, leaving emergency responders unable to communicate with law enforcement.

Ricky K. Wilkins, a senior member of the Bloods, was arrested in Elkridge for stabbing and beheading Terrance J. Williams last September.

James Smith, 19, was arrested and charged with the murder of Brian Sampson, 19. Tyrell Fleming and Davon Jones, both 18, were arrested for attemped murder, accused of shooting William Lowe, 43, of Rosedale.

Carlos Davila, 60, was shot in his home near Pikesville Middle School. Police are seeking a 20-something short Hispanic male suspect with a mustache.

A teenage girl was shot in the chest in Reisterstown.

The body burning in Millersville belonged to a 50-year-old man.

Gerald Jordan stole about $300,000 from an old folks' home.

A day after a Navy quarterback was charged with rape, the naval academy is investigating another sexual assault charge. According to a Defense Department study, 94 women have reported a rape at the Naval Academy in the past 10 years, and 142 female cadettes reported a sexual assault.

What the hell, why bother calling the police at all? Crime reports don't actually accomplish anything, paper and ink won't bring your stolen stuff back, un-rape you or remove that bullet from your lung...

Blogger "Huff" tracked down various online incarnations of "big thick" Christopher Gaumer (aka the myspace murderer), and some (disturbingly naïve) coeds who claim that he liked to drop his drawers in front of his webcam.

"It's about 10 p.m. ... young women sprint toward musty corners of the garage to urinate."

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Tyrell Fleming and Davon Jones, both 18, were arrested for attemped murder, accused of shooting William Lowe, 43, of Rosedale."

that was a successful murder too, not an attempted one.

Anonymous said...

A very, VERY Baltimore definition of success, I assure you.


This furnishes a segueway to a needed discussion:


Baltimore has a strange way of looking at things. The folks in the article on Why Bother with Statistics were not unconcerned about poor policing, they basically want more cops hired, according to the author.

But the administration responds "But crime is down." No, not really. "But our statistics say..." They lie. "But we haven't had a murder in our ritzy downtown yuppieville since..." about ten times as long as it's been since we had one in my neighborhood.

You're not doing the job, Lenny.
"But my ratios..." are apparently irrelevent.

There's a principle called "Garbage in, Garbage out." Baltimore is proof.

In other cities, when crime exceeds a reasonable threshhold for random occurrences, the residents tell the Mayor in thunderous tones "I don't care why, just make it go away. More cops, fewer criminals. Now."

Why does Baltimore allow the administration to explain WHY we shoulkd have such prevalent crime. There is no why. How many times do the usual suspects appear in the blotter for a crime we've arrested them for before? We know where they are. Whatever is the size army of cops you need to cover them until incapacitated, that's the size it is. Hire them.

There is no why.

Anonymous said...

FYI, we're about into March and Cecil County just had its first homicide.

Ah, to live in a civilized country...

Maurice Bradbury said...

Hammy's doing the job: his job is to take the heat, parrot the party line and not make Kevin Clark's mistake of challenging the mayor. Clark getting suddenly fired over 14-year-old allegations seemed fishy, even at the time, and now we know.

Maurice Bradbury said...

Yeah, one murder in Cecil County. One murder in Carroll County. Listening to him gave me flashbacks to 7th grade: "but moooommm, it's not fair! Why do I have to have an audit? Nobody else has to do it! That teacher's just picking on me, I have no idea why! Maybe he's a crazy disgruntled liar ... or maybe it's political! Yeah, that's it, I got a C- on my paper because he doens't like me because we're Democrats! You should be mad at him, not me! I'm your daughter, I thought you were on my side!"

Anonymous said...

my home county of frederick just had its first of the year a couple days ago too. carroll hasnt had any yet this year, that was last year.

Maurice Bradbury said...

you are correct sir. But you get my point. Demanding an audit of cowtown is stupid.

Anonymous said...

Our top cop lends new meaning to the expression

"whines like a lil' bitch."

Anonymous said...

He doesn't whine, he just sort of mumbles.

Maurice Bradbury said...

You commenters disappoint me today. I was sure somebody would have something to say about Kevin Clark or the stupidity of freshman girls.

Anonymous said...

I'm no great fan of Kevin Clark, but I really suspect that he's telling the truth about Michael Enright.

Si Fitz said...

"whines like a lil' bitch."

well done JG. A nice misogynist shot to let us men get comfortable together.

Anonymous said...

fine, just ignore my comment about william lowe. you misreporting his actual murder as only an attempted murder is the same as the sun failing to report other people's murders, though.

Anonymous said...

Well you have to realize in the comments section Galt has a strict agenda, Republican in nature. His underlying motive is politics, not crime.

Anonymous said...

DC, thanks for not being like huff. What a tool. Is huff really galt in disguise?

"I sometimes beat the journalists to the punch, and I must admit, when it comes to this aspect of some crime in the news, I’m usually peeved if I don’t—if I find the crime interesting enough to research. Then again, I am only one guy."-huff LMFAO

And Kevin Clark; my flatmate says I'm crazy for thinking Clark was unfairly let go and that the entire police force needs an overhaul.

-Kevin

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Excuse me? My agenda is behavioral. I'm not even registered Republican. It's about crime and the refusal of this jurisdiction to deal with it in an acceptable fashion.

Anonymous said...

ricky wilkins is not a blood leader he is one of my best friends, i hope he beats this murda rap.....he is a good dude

Anonymous said...

the police xagerate details, ricky wilkins a.k.a Noodles is not a cold blooded killer...and hopefully at his trial in june that will show! we just went 2 south beach right b4 the murder.....look up the murdered guys backround Terrance j. williams, he is no saint! shout out to noodles hold it down in city jail and if u get off we gone back 2 florida! holla murdaland records all day every day!