Monday, November 13, 2006

WTF was that?

So I was on Coldspring Lane going east a few minutes ago, coming off of 83, waiting at the light on Falls Road with Grandma Cybrarian on the passenger side, and the lady in the car next to me, which was a gold Chevy of some kind started leaning on the horn. I was like, "Mom! No! Don't roll down the window!" but she's from Georgia so she did, and the lady driving held out (what looked like but who knows, from 15 feet away in the dark) a police badge and motioned for us to pull over. I was like, "sorry, no, I'll follow you to the Northern back there, but I'm not going to pull over." And she said, "okay, well, you need to slow it down on the driving," and I said okay, and she sped off.

So was it really an undercover cop in an unmarked car, or did we almost get jacked?!
I don't know, but either way ... know where your local police stations are and don't pull over for anyone in the city if you're not sure who they are!

10 comments:

Si Fitz said...

did you get a license #?

Mr. Mephistopheles said...

Maybe she was trying to cut you a deal on stereo equipment. On two separate occasions I've had people pull up to my car, using similar tactics to those of the driver in question, and tell me to pull over because they had some "incredibly cheap" (read: stolen) stereo equipment to sell me.

John Galt said...

To Review:

1) avoid criminals; they can get you killed or into jail, even if you haven't done anything.

2) avoid fake cops; they can get you robbed and killed.

3) avoid actual cops; they can get you into jail, even if you haven't done anything.

4) avoid neighbors; they often won't appear when subpoenaed about an incident they witnessed.

Pretty much, go downstairs into the bomb shelter... and stay there, if you're anywhere near Baltimore.

John Galt said...

Jaime,

Call your councilman, MPC, and request that she introduce a resolution calling for the investigation of the police commissioner's failure to hire a sufficient number of officers. He's never fully staffed his department.

John Galt said...

You can find the current Charles Village crime map here. Keep in mind, this is a subset of actual crimes, so it corresponds to a lower bound on incidence.

John Galt said...

Well, murders are still up over last year, according to Murder Ink.

novadrop said...

Oh man, I love this town.

Unknown said...

In other news... Dizzy Izzie's { i think that's spelled correctly} was robbed on Tuesday night, The I-bar on Monday night as well as Molly's last week...there were several other places but I can't confirm those so bargoers in the hampden/remington/lower charles village area watch out. Luckily they haven't hit my bar, but that only makes me think its one of our customers doing this

Maurice Bradbury said...

Hey, I didn't get a #, it was dark and I was flustered ... I still wonder, maybe it was a real cop b/c who else would drive a Chevy Malibu? But then, what cop would make a stop with no lughts or uniform, nothing but a badge? I guess I'll never know!

Anonymous said...

always prepare yourself to face danger or panic situation. Thinking with carefull
situs judi poker online