Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday

The Baltimore Sun continues its investigation of the PD's crime lab issues.

The Abell Foundation, over the protests of State's Attorney Jessamy, has released the jury disparity report. Hmm. I wonder where it could be found... Oh, perhaps here? (<-links to .pdf)

The blotter features more behavior of our city's little dears. Tell me, who steals car keys but not the car?

.. and what darlings left their bombs at the playground?

Drive-by in Parkville

Stabbing in Catonsville

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shots were fired in the southwest a couple of blocks west of the S. Carey Safeway last night around midnight. Anyone know anything about this?

I am so wise said...

Back in the 1850s, Baltimore criminal cases were tried in Baltimore County. In part, trying cases in the county helped bring law and order to the city. So I am at a lost to understand why this is a big deal. But then again, I have a lot of trouble understanding preliterate cultures.