Friday, July 23, 2010

This is embarassing

I never had a very high opinion of the Maryland Court of Appeals, and this only reinforces that impression.

Greene countered with the more up-to-date South Park reference, penning that in the "immortal words of Mr. Mackey, 'Drugs are bad.'"

He used his footnote to put the quote into full context, and it's most likely the first time an opinion from the state's highest court has included the phrase, "It's a bad thing to do drugs, so don't be bad by doing drugs, m'kay, that'd be bad."


BTW, it would be nice if the article told us which judges voted which way in this case.

Edit: I looked up the decision online, and the other judge that ruled in favor of the defendant was (surprise surprise) Robert Bell.

2 comments:

ppatin said...

Speaking of lawyers, I'm not sure I can bring myself to vote for Gregg Bernstein after reading this article.

Dopple said...

I'm actually MORE likely to vote for him because of that article. Justice was done.