Thursday, January 5, 2012

Abduction on Jordan Street

A Bolton Hill man was abducted on Jordan Street, taken on a tour of ATM machines and then left in some bushes on North Avenue*, minus his wallet, iPad, cellphone, gym bag and grey 2011 Infiniti SUV.

Remember the Walmart bleach attack? Now the alleged victim in that case, Ebony Odom, has been indicted for reckless endangerment and second-degree assault.

Murders may be down in the city, but they're up in the county

Lots of car-related crimes and a robbery at King Wok in the North Baltimore Patch blotter. In the Northern District, a 30 percent increase in shootings and a 22 percent increase in commercial robberies in '11, say police.

Kooky video of the day
: Adam Meister stroking his cat and Frank Conaway jumping out of bushes in WBAL's report about the conclusion of the latest installment of Days of Our Conaways.

Seriously?! Down in DC, 75-year-old Marion Barry is running for re-election.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the headline "Northern District Serious Crimes down 9%", you link to with the text "In the Northern District, a 30 percent increase in shootings and a 22 percent increase in commercial robberies in '11, say police."

Typical amount of fairness I'm used to seeing here.

Anonymous said...

Barry has held the Ward 8 council seat since 2005... unless your "Seriously!?" comment was in response to his running for reelection at the advanced age of 75

Maurice Bradbury said...

well anon, I find it rather peculiar that the headline is 'serious crimes are down 9%' yet the murder rate is the same, the sexual assault rate is the same, and shootings are up and commercial robberies are up. What's down is car break-ins and burglaries. I would personally find it rather more serious to be shot, raped, killed or held up at gunpoint at work than to have someone break into my car, or have steal something from my house when I'm not there ... but I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone!

Maurice Bradbury said...

And thanks non 2 I should have written 're-election.' More like, seriously, still? Because he's never really gone away, has he, he was gone for like a year and a half.

Anonymous said...

MJ, maybe Marion "the bi.ch set me up" Barry will pay his taxes this time around.

Maurice Bradbury said...

have you seen that "Nine Lives of Marion Barry" documentary? pretty darned interesting... poor MB looks like he's about to keel over, and that was a few years ago.

I wonder, how does he make $125k a year as a councilperson, is that actually what it pays? And if he's making that much, why won't he just pay his tax bill?

tiffany jewellery said...

This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

tiffany jewellery said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.