Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June 4

Four murders in the Ink, and a really depressing quote from a now-dead witness who was trying to do the right thing: "I know how my brother Brandon is and I know how my homeboys is and like I said in my statement that something has to be done before it get any crazier or somebody actually get killed and the next time somebody probably won't make it out the hospital."

There's a bit more info about the Woodmere murder that happened early yesterday morning, and Derrell E. Smith was ID'd as the man who was killed on Clifton Ave. on Monday night.

It's gotta be kind of embarrassing to be arrested for drug dealing and only have $24. If I was in prison with her, I'd totally be calling her stuff like Dozens of Dollars Ashley and 24 Buck Tucker.

This should be interesting. The BPD is asking crime victims how well the police handled their cases. If Commissioner Fred actually does something useful with this information, he will move a notch higher in my already high opinion of him.

2 comments:

John Galt said...

The conclusion of the 300-odd participants at the school crime-reduction summit apparently was that teachers should conform to the prevailing behavior of the students, which is to say, hoodlum, rather than vice-versa.

Naturally, they eschewed the concept of punishment.

Oh, yeah. That'll work. Right.

John Galt said...

Waiting for justice ?

Don't hold your breath in Baltimore City.